Delta Airlines Change Policy
How to Change Delta Airlines Flight?
Changing your flight on Delta Air Lines is now free for passengers in the main cabin or above flights departing from North America. Before your departure, you may modify the trip's time, date, or location without incurring any charges. The only exception is if the new flight is more expensive than the original ticket, in which case you will be responsible for the price difference.
How to Change Delta Flight for a Non-Refundable Ticket?
When you book a non-refundable ticket, this will help you determine the best cancellation option within 24 hours, during which you will only get an immediate refund. Here are the steps to follow:
- First, you must go to the booking website then go to the log-in page, where you must enter your valid email address and password.
- You may choose your flight and go to the next step by clicking on the Manage Booking option.
- Choose your non-refundable ticket, click the change button, and go to the next step.
- You now pick a different flight to book, click the done button, and complete the operation by completing the onscreen instructions.
How to Change Delta Flight for a Refundable Ticket?
There are no fees for Delta Airlines customers who want to change their refundable tickets. Changes to a flight may be made for 24 hours up to 48 hours. Understand the processes involved in changing your refundable ticket before proceeding.
- Log in to your account using the correct email address and password, then choose Manage Booking Task from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the proper flight name and passenger information into the boxes and click on the Next option.
- Select the Change tab, then click on New Booking, where you can quickly add the changing flight name and passenger details.
- Finally, make the payment and save your airline ticket.
How to connect with Delta Airlines over a phone call?
To change your flight, there are a lot of ways you can do it, like by going online or through the Delta app. You can also call their reservations department to change your flight. Ticket services may be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to arrange new or current reservations—Call 1-800-580-0142 to speak with a customer service representative.
A Delta telephone customer care agent, may help with ticket sales, ticket cancellations and changes, rebooking clients, billing concerns, special requirements and flight requests, and upgrading queries as needed. Many Delta customers are pleased with the company's customer service and how its phone-based representatives answer queries and complaints.
Delta Flight Change Fee
Basic Economy Fare
- There is no fee if the change is made within 24 hours; the passenger would only pay the differences in fares
- There is no fee for changing your mind during the first 24 hours; all you have to pay is the ticket difference.
- The fees for changing flights after the 24-hour time limit vary from $200 to $500, including the fare difference.
- The price begins at $75 if seats are available within 24 hours before the flight's scheduled departure.
- There is no fee if the adjustment is made within 24 hours; the passenger needs only pay the price difference.
- There is no fee beyond the 24-hour change period; the passenger needs to pay the difference in fares.
- When tickets are available within 24 hours of the flight's planned departure, the cost starts at $75.
Delta Change Flight within 24 Hours
You may cancel any Flight within 24 hours after booking on Delta.com and the Fly Delta app without risk. Basic Economy tickets, which usually are non-refundable in all other situations, are included in this category. You'll get a full refund without fees if you cancel during the 24 hours. Within these 24 hours, you may cancel your flight with only a few clicks on Delta's website or app.
Delta Same Day Flight Change
If you have to change your flight within 24 hours of your actual departure time and travel inside the United States, these adjustments apply to your journey. Same-Day Ticket Changes are not available for specific tickets, including Basic Economy rates and foreign flights. All Same-Day Ticket Changes are subject to availability and may be done online upon check-in or via the Fly Delta app.